Saturday, August 14, 2010

Saturday Seven: All About Me

I’ve been attracting new followers who don’t know me personally so I thought I’d spend the week blogging all about myself. And you family and friends who do know me might still learn something about me! Of course I had to come up with a creative (i.e. nerdy) way to share this info so I will be sharing a few facts each day, the number of which will be chosen based on alliteration with the day. We’ll start with Saturday Seven - 7 random facts about me!


1. I have an identical twin sister but most people can tell us apart just fine.

2. Every pet I have ever had growing up lived years beyond its life expectancy despite the fact that we never took our pets to the vet to get yearly shots and only fed them dry kibble. They were a chihuahua named Paco (16.5 years). A calico cat named Tiger (15+ years - we’re not sure because we didn’t get her as a kitten). Two hamsters Allie and Blondie (3.5 years). And now we have our tabby cat, Pumpkin.

3. I had a teaching certificate in math grades 7-12 but I let it expire because no one could ever pay me enough to teach in a public school again. It was the worst 2 years of my life.

4. I was very much an overachiever in school and always the teacher’s pet. I always took the AP and honors classes and graduated valedictorian. But deep deep down I always wished I was the girl who got the solos in the show choir and the lead role in the school play.

5. I have naturally curly hair and I hated it very much growing up and complained about it all the time despite the fact that I always got compliments on my hair from strangers. At 16 I made the conscious decision to start loving my hair and I have ever since.

6. I love rainbows and waterfalls and always feel like God is talking to me when I see one.

7. I have always felt like I was born way too late. I am constantly drawn to things that remind me of a simpler time. I hate technology (even though I am currently using it to tell you this - yes I see the irony). I love antiques. I hate my car. I’d rather walk locally and wish I could take trains to travel. I hate cell phones (mine broke today). I refuse to get a smart phone. And I refuse to change my font color from white just so all you people with iphones can read my blog on your phone. I am not on facebook and don’t intend to be.


Stay tuned for Sunday Six - More About Me!


4 comments:

  1. Oh, I totally agree about being born too late. I really love the amish lifestyle because of the simplicity, and I used to be an obsessive collector of victorian antiques. Wish we would have lived back then!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo agreed on the car issue. I have *always* hated my car. It is a battle, however, that I fight within myself. Live in the country and be far from all sorts of things and need a car (or horse!) or live in the city, where I would never need my car, but then be in the city. I would love to be able to sell my car and never need it by having a high walkability (http://www.walkscore.com/ the last placed I lived had a big fat 0 score) ....but then you have to compromise the country living. :o/

    I think you have to clarify that FB comment, for someone that is not on it but still uses her husband's account and password to check on things is in a sense a FB user. Just because you do not have one in your name does not mean you can technically say you never use it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, Summer, to clarify ... I don't use my husband's account, but I have gotten on my mom's and then only b/c someone nagged and nagged about me needing to see some pictures which I have still only done maybe 7-8 times my entire life. And I didn't say 'I never use it' because that would be a lie. I said I am not on it, meaning I am not an account holder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is it going to be "Mono Monday"? :) And I'm not coming up with anything for Wednesday...hmm..

    I used to agree with you on the time thing, and then realized that my children and myself would not be here if not for modern medicine...so I am glad I'm here now...and glad you are too, so I could get to know you...

    It's the white font that messes with my phone? Huh...And I love my smart phone...but I'm trapped in my car an awful large chunk of my life...I've listened to and read a lot of books thanks to it...and music...skanky stuff on the radio, not letting my kids listen to that!! :) My stupid car ate all my CD's and won't play them or give them back.

    ReplyDelete