Sleep.....ahhhh what is that again? Yes we are all officially sleep deprived. Keziah hates her cradle. As soon as I put her in it she screams in protest. Even if I wait 30 minutes with her asleep in my arms and then lay her very gently in her cradle, she immediately wakes up and screams. So throughout the course of a night we all change positions several times. Last night, for example, I started on the couch with the baby and Michael Paul went to sleep on the living room floor. Then she started crying so baby and I went to the bedroom hoping to let daddy get some sleep in the living room. Last night I felt brave and tried the "cry it out" thing with her in the cradle. One hour later (yes she cried for an hour straight) I gave up on the cradle once again and put her in the bed with me. Ahhhhh sleep finally found us. At some point Michael Paul came to bed but we were all kinda cramped and a little later he moved to the couch. Then after the 5 AM feeding she decided she wanted to be awake so I came to the couch with her and sent Michael Paul to the bed. But he missed me so eventually he joined us on the couch. And throughout all this, our cat, who insists on sleeping with us, followed us back and forth. By morning somehow all 4 of us managed to get some sleep in this position on the couch.
When I woke up and saw how we all looked, I nudged Michael Paul and told him to hold the camera up and snap a picture.
Thanks to my sis-in-law's recent post about babies and sleep, I have a long list of things to try. But as of today, my only successes are baby and me in the bed and send poor daddy to the couch, or wait until 7AM and then everyone is so tired we will sleep no matter where we are - even all of us cramped on the couch.
OH! I love this post -such classic newborn talk. I also liked your SIL's comment that "The things that have worked for me? Different with every baby." SO TRUE! I hope it doesn't take too long to figure out what's best for Keziah and for your family!
ReplyDeleteWant to rethink that queen sized Select Comfort offer? I'm sorry, guys! It's gotta get better, right, Tiffany? ? ?
ReplyDeleteTell me when you need a break! - or whatever!
I love you all three - sleep deprived or not!
did my last comment come through on this one? i've got internet issues.
ReplyDeleteHope she finds her niche soon in the sleep time. I pretty sure I'm going to regret our childless state, already do really, but I don't think I'll regret missing out on this stage. Hope this small part of her life goes by quickly, for yours and Michael Paul's sake!
Sounds like it's the MPT in her. Try putting her to sleep on a thin blanket on the floor :p.
ReplyDeleteI love this picture!!
ReplyDelete