Keziah has always loved music. Recently she has started playing piano and guitar and making up songs every day. Unfortunately as soon as the camera comes out she stops. But I was recently able to sneak up behind her and catch this song. I don't understand all the lyrics but she is singing about "mama's candy". A few minutes before this performance we were having a discussion about mama's candy and how she has her own candy and we only eat candy after dinner if we finish our dinner. Sometimes I think she uses music to process things. Especially things she has big feelings about. I have noticed that she often makes up songs and sings shortly after something has disappointed her or frustrated her. It's like therapy to her. Which is a wonderful tool for me to build on. It will certainly make teaching her 'appropriate ways of dealing with big emotions' a good bit easier on my part if she is already discovering these tools on her own. Well, I'm rambling as usual. I'm sure you just want to see how cute she is so here it is:
In other Keziah news, she is really beginning to talk in an understandable way more and more. I am loving having actual conversations with her. In the next year I am hoping to start a "Keziah-isms" blog series to document all the hilarious things she says.
She continues to be a total spaz and completely fearless. She has recently surprised us with conquering all kinds of playground equipment that I felt for sure was only for ages 3+. She can make me quite nervous with all her climbing and jumping and gymnastics. But she is such a tough girl that no matter how much she falls, she just bounces back up and does it again. Although she is sporting some pretty nasty bruises these days.
Practicing her rock-climbing skills!
As far as becoming a big sister, she is so excited she just can't stand it. Everyday she asks if Sara (my midwife) is coming which is followed by the question, "I help check baby?" Sara is amazing at letting Keziah "help" her with all my prenatal checkups. She always comments that Keziah is going to grow up to be a midwife. Everyday, we have to "check baby" with a stethoscope that Michael Paul gave her. We talk a lot about the new baby. Keziah has thoroughly tested all the baby stuff on her dolls. When I talk about birth, she says, "baby come. I help." It will certainly be interesting to see how she reacts to it all when the time comes.
I am loving the two-year-old stage. She continues to amaze and bless me every day!
I LOVE this, Jennifer. What an amazing little girl. . . Sending hugs and prayers your way for a peaceful and joyful delivery of the new little one . . . AND, praying that Keziah has a joyful and easy transition to being a precious BIG SISTER!
ReplyDelete